EducationUSA Internships - Sub-Saharan Africa
To support U.S. study abroad efforts, the U.S. Department of State would like to promote opportunities for students to spend time at overseas EducationUSA centers to meet and share experiences with prospective foreign students. EducationUSA Internships allow students enrolled in accredited U.S. institutions to share details of American life, academic programs, and fields of study either in person or through the Virtual Student Foreign Service Program. Please see the list below for application procedures and a list of current opportunities.
EducationUSA Center (Host Organization): Conakry Educational Advising Center- C/o CELA, University of Conakry
Name and professional title of intern supervisor: Valera Gibson, APAO U.S. Embassy -Conakry
Length of service: 15-20 hours per week for 5 months
Application deadlines: contact adviser for current availability/deadlines
Preferred time of year to host: January – May
To apply, students should send the following: Resume, Brief cover letter
Applications may be sent to: Oumar Diogo Diallo firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line "EdUSA Internship"
Accepts eInterns, including the Virtual Student Foreign Service: Yes, apply to both EducationUSA and VSFS. FAQs addressing the application process are available here.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or in last year of studies
- Knowledge of and interest in U.S. higher education opportunities
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience with the U.S. educational system and/or U.S. Department of State educational exchange program(s)
- Experience and excellence in public speaking.
- Excellent time management, planning and implementation, analytical, and computer/internet skills
- Willingness to travel frequently and work non-traditional hours.
- Some basic French will be helpful
Expected duties may include:
- Assisting with social media outreach
- Presentations to international students on the experience of a student in the U.S.
- Compiling scholarship information
- Developing handouts and educational advising resources
- Helping organize pre-departure orientations
- Assisting students with essay writing
- Using facebook and other social media tools to interact with students
- Assisting in developing and researching informational material
- Identifying students from the host country studying abroad at U.S. colleges who can answer questions
- Finding U.S. Colleges/Universities that admit students who received their Bachelor Degree after only three years at college
Does the center have funds for a stipend or travel reimbursement? No.
Other comments: The involvement of interns in our activities will have a powerful impact on students/parents'' motivation to work hard and meet all requirements for undergraduate or graduate admissions. Please visit www.educationusa.info/guinea.
Click on the country to view information.