Connect and Engage: In Person
The success of the EducationUSA network depends on advisers' access to current information and skills-based training. The following opportunities are available for accredited U.S. higher education institutions to work with EducationUSA advisers.
- EducationUSA Training Institute: EducationUSA Training Institutes are intensive professional development programs that provide EducationUSA advisers with the knowledge and skills to enhance their effectiveness in advising international students on U.S. higher education. Training Institutes are comprised of one week in Washington, D.C. followed by a second week for campus-based training. The Training Institutes are organized at various times throughout the year. Accredited institutions are invited to submit proposals to host the on-campus component of the program. Visit our Adviser Professional Development page for information on current opportunities.
- Campus Visits: Experienced advisers represent EducationUSA at a variety of U.S. higher education association conferences each year. During their time in the United States, advisers have the opportunity to arrange individual or small group visits to colleges and universities in the area where the conference is held.
For more information about hosting advisers, please contact our EducationUSA team in DC.
The annual EducationUSA Forum, held in Washington D.C. in June, gives higher education professionals an opportunity to engage with EducationUSA advisers from around the world. Take advantage of the many opportunities to network with approximately 40-50 advisers, 14 regional educational advising coordinators (REACs), and U.S. State Department and IIE EducationUSA staff as they present the latest regional and country-specific trends and tips for strategic international recruitment planning. Information about the upcoming Forum is posted around February each year.
- 2014 EducationUSA Forum Registration Opens February 3!
- 2013 EducationUSA Forum
- 2012 EducationUSA Forum
- 2011 EducationUSA Forum
EducationUSA advisers, regional educational advising coordinators (REACs), and Washington-based State Department and IIE EducationUSA staff attend a variety of U.S. higher education association conferences each year to promote the EducationUSA network and to engage with the U.S. higher education community. They represent the EducationUSA network in conference sessions and at booths in the exhibit halls.
Anticipated 2013-2014 EducationUSA Conference Participation
|NACAC||September 18-21, 2013||Toronto, Canada|
|AIEA||February 16-19, 2014||Washington, DC|
|CCID||February 21-24, 2014||Las Vegas, NV|
|Forum on Education Abroad||April 2-4, 2014||San Diego, CA|
|AACRAO||March 30-April 2, 2014||Denver, CO|
|NAGAP||April 30-May 3, 2014||San Diego, CA|
|NAFSA National||May 25-30, 2014||San Diego, CA|
|EducationUSA Forum||June 23-25, 2014||Washington, DC|
|OACAC||July 8-11, 2014||Tampa, FL|
|NACAC||September 18-20, 2014||Indianapolis, IN|
In addition, we are pleased to attend regional NAFSA conferences when possible. EducationUSA welcomes invitations and recommendations for participation in future conferences with organizations focused on higher education.
The EducationUSA representatives also attend a variety of international higher education association conferences to promote U.S. higher education opportunities. These include:
- Asia Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE)
- European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- Council of International Schools Forum (CIS)
Periodically, EducationUSA holds regional forums that bring together advisers from a particular world region for intensive training. U.S. higher education professionals are invited to present specialized training sessions while networking with advisers and regional educational advising coordinators (REACs) during these events. Annoucements about these events will be made through the HEI eNews. The Western Hemisphere Regional Forum will be taking place in Lima, Peru this coming April 22-24. Session proposals are now being accepted for this Forum. Details can be found on the Western Hemisphere Regional Forum site. Europe and Eurasia will be hosting their Regional Forum, September 22-24, 2014, in Tbilisi, Georgia. More details can be found on the Europe and Eurasia Regional Forum site.