Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Archive

As you search for information about studying in the United States, you can enter in the search box below some key words or a question you would like an answer to, or you can look in one of the nine categories of most frequently asked questions listed below. If you speak Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Portuguese, please select your language from the pull down box below, and you will see these topic areas change to the selected language.

Can you give me a general overview of the SEVIS I-901 fee payment process?
In general, you need to:

Either be currently enrolled in an approved school or exchange visitor program or have been accepted into one. You will need a Form I-20 or DS-2019.

Pay the fee in time to have it processed before a consular or DHS official must make a decision about your visa, entry into the United States or other application where the fee is required.

Can’t find your questions answered in these FAQs? Click on the Ask an Adviser button below to contact your local EducationUSA Advising Center.