Select a center from Italy to view its profile.
Advising centers in the EducationUSA network provide one of three levels of service: Comprehensive, Standard, and Reference. When searching for an adviser or advising center, it is helpful to know the level of service you can expect. Disclaimer: Centers should meet the majority of requirements (not necessarily all) to receive the designation given to them by EducationUSA.
- Adviser & Center Requirements
- Adheres to Principles of Ethical Advising and Guidelines on Commission- or Incentive-Based Recruitment Agents.
- Has facilities and services accessible at least 20 hours per week, or sufficient to meet local demand at a standard service level.
- Staffed with an adviser who is proficient in spoken and written English.
- Maintains up-to-date reference materials.
- Services to Students
- Provides regularly-scheduled introductory public orientations on U.S. study, individual and group advising, information on financial aid, pre-departure information/orientations and other topics based on EducationUSA’s “Your 5 Steps to U.S. Study.”
- Offers virtual advising through email, the EducationUSA website, Skype, webinars, video conferencing, locally preferred social media, instant messenger, and/or other platforms.
- Provides internet access for college search.
- Participates in college or educational fairs, hosting an EducationUSA booth.
- Conducts outreach to local high schools and higher education institutions and/or American Spaces.
- Provides information on local government and foundation scholarships.
- Services to U.S. Higher Education Representatives
- May assist U.S. institutions in planning a visit.
- Maintains relationships with local high school counselors and university administrators, or ministry of education.
- Provides orientation on local educational system and compare U.S. and host-country systems.
- Able to verify ministry of education recognition/certification of local high schools and universities.
- Can organize general U.S. higher education orientation sessions in which U.S. representatives could make presentations.
- Able to display university and college-provided admission materials.
- "How To" Resources
- How To Apply
- Define Your Priorities
- Search Institutions/Programs
- Financial Aid
- EdUSA Connects Webinars
- Pre-Departure Orientations
- Find an Advising Center
- Ask an Adviser